[Koha-zebra] Cronjob of "rebuild_zebra.pl" doesn't work

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:45:47 CEST 2012

Greetings,

Your command-line and cron job are NOT identical:
cron job              :
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -v
command line    : migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -v
Yes, I saw the cd, but a crontab job... do you really know what directory it
starts in? And don't forget the -a. ;)

> tail: /tmp/b: file truncated
Did you notice this in your cron job output?

Also, is the cron tab entry all one line, the redirection carries over a
line. I hope this is your email client reformatting poorly and not your cron
tab editor thinking itself smart. Or worse, somehow the redirection is
passed as a parameter to the script.

Next, every minute?! I've been using -b -a -r every hour on the 20's, while
we are doing data entry, so they can search for it.
Did you even run -b -a -r at least once? Once data entry slows down, it will
probably only be run daily. I don't know why the -r is necessary for our
index to work. There is a -z option which is better suited for every minute.

You have this in the regular cron jobs, which should be okay. Usually the
install for this segment goes in /etc/cron.d/koha.

That last part looks like a directory listing gone bad. I can't think of
anything else. Hope some of this helps some how.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett