[Bug 41023] New: Add the abilty to select multiple values in dropdown lists in holding table
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 Bug ID: 41023 Summary: Add the abilty to select multiple values in dropdown lists in holding table Change sponsored?: --- Product: Koha Version: Main Hardware: All OS: All Status: NEW Severity: enhancement Priority: P5 - low Component: Staff interface Assignee: koha-bugs@lists.koha-community.org Reporter: mathsabypro@gmail.com QA Contact: testopia@bugs.koha-community.org CC: gmcharlt@gmail.com If filters are enabled for holding table (items), for 4 fields the filter is a drop-down list (item type, homebranch, holdingbranch, status). It is currently not possible to select multiple values. It should be very useful. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are the assignee for the bug. You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CC| |jonathan.druart@gmail.com Depends on| |38310 Referenced Bugs: https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=38310 [Bug 38310] DataTables - Use Select2 for column filters -- You are receiving this mail because: You are the assignee for the bug. You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Assignee|koha-bugs@lists.koha-commun |jonathan.druart@gmail.com |ity.org | Status|NEW |ASSIGNED -- You are receiving this mail because: You are the assignee for the bug. You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Status|ASSIGNED |Needs Signoff -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #1 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206467 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206467&action=edit Bug 41023: DataTables - Allow multiple values in column filters The select filters are now multiple selects. All the selected values are passed to the column search, and _dt_default_ajax builds an OR query from them. Test plan: From the patron search, or on the holding tables: Use the category, library, item type column filters Confirm that they filter the table as expected. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #2 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206468 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206468&action=edit Bug 41023: Remove multiple from Status We need change server-side to deal with that correctly. It's for later. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attachment #206468|0 |1 is obsolete| | -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #3 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206469 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206469&action=edit Bug 41023: Remove multiple from Status We need change server-side to deal with that correctly. It's for later. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #4 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206470 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206470&action=edit Bug 41023: Remove unnessary assignement -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #5 from Mathieu Saby <mathsabypro@gmail.com> --- Thank you for this patch. Overall, it works, but I'm hesitant to sign off for the reasons explained at the bottom of the comment. Maybe your test plan should be more detailed, I'm not sure I've thoroughly tested all the relevant pages. I'm testing in a Biblibre sandbox (marc21, elasticsearch) 1. On the holdings table under a record : The record has 2 items in 2 libraries (Fairview, Midway). I enable the column filters. In the homebranch filter I select Midway; the table refreshes, and only one item is now visible. I click again in the menu to also select Fairview. There are now two libraries selected in the filter. The table refreshes, and both items appear. I add more libraries to the filter, and the table refreshes, the 2 items are still visible. I run other similar tests; everything seems to be working. The x before the name of a library is working : it removes the library of the filter, without removing the others. The x on the top of all the names is working : it removes all the libraries of the filters I did the same for current library and item type. It works. Status column is not affected, it works like before, as it shoud do. 2. I did a patron search in members/members-home.pl I applied filters on Libray and Category columns. It works well, like on the holding table. However I raise these concerns : - you can’t select four value at once because the filter activates as soon as you select the first one. So you have to apply other values one at a time. Maybe some people won’t like that, but I’m not sure that another approach (like adding a button to confirm the filter?) would be a good idea. The patch as proposed is already a major step forward. But maybe you should describe this behavior more clearly in the test plan and bug description ? - there’s a minor display issue: the library names aren’t properly aligned in the selection filter. Maybe they’re centered ? In any case, it looks strange. Is it possible to fix this so that they appear exactly one below the other and left-aligned? - When I filter on holding columns I see this warning in my console. I do not know if it is related : Blocked aria-hidden on an element because its descendant retained focus. The focus must not be hidden from assistive technology users. Avoid using aria-hidden on a focused element or its ancestor. Consider using the inert attribute instead, which will also prevent focus. For more details, see the aria-hidden section of the WAI-ARIA specification at https://w3c.github.io/aria/#aria-hidden. Element with focus: <textarea.select2-search__field> Ancestor with aria-hidden: <table.items_table dataTable fixedHeader-floating> -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #6 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- (In reply to Mathieu Saby from comment #5) Thanks for testing!
However I raise these concerns :
- you can’t select four value at once because the filter activates as soon as you select the first one. So you have to apply other values one at a time. Maybe some people won’t like that, but I’m not sure that another approach (like adding a button to confirm the filter?) would be a good idea. The patch as proposed is already a major step forward. But maybe you should describe this behavior more clearly in the test plan and bug description ?
This can be improved later, but I didn't manage to implement something better. Requiring the focus out to update the table is not intuitive IMO.
- there’s a minor display issue: the library names aren’t properly aligned in the selection filter. Maybe they’re centered ? In any case, it looks strange. Is it possible to fix this so that they appear exactly one below the other and left-aligned?
I've tried to fix that but it is still not perfect.
- When I filter on holding columns I see this warning in my console. I do not know if it is related : Blocked aria-hidden on an element because its descendant retained focus. The focus must not be hidden from assistive technology users. Avoid using aria-hidden on a focused element or its ancestor. Consider using the inert attribute instead, which will also prevent focus. For more details, see the aria-hidden section of the WAI-ARIA specification at https://w3c.github.io/aria/#aria-hidden. Element with focus: <textarea.select2-search__field> Ancestor with aria-hidden: <table.items_table dataTable fixedHeader-floating>
I don't think it's coming from this patch. This sounds like a FixedHeader issue. I will investigate this one later. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attachment #206467|0 |1 is obsolete| | Attachment #206469|0 |1 is obsolete| | Attachment #206470|0 |1 is obsolete| | -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #7 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206642 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206642&action=edit Bug 41023: DataTables - Allow multiple values in column filters The select filters are now multiple selects. All the selected values are passed to the column search, and _dt_default_ajax builds an OR query from them. Test plan: From the patron search, or on the holding tables: Use the category, library, item type column filters Confirm that they filter the table as expected. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #8 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206643 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206643&action=edit Bug 41023: Remove multiple from Status We need change server-side to deal with that correctly. It's for later. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #9 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206644 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206644&action=edit Bug 41023: Remove unnessary assignement -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #10 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- Created attachment 206645 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206645&action=edit Bug 41023: Left align the values selected in the column filters Not one by line or they take too much space. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #11 from Jonathan Druart <jonathan.druart@gmail.com> --- (In reply to Mathieu Saby from comment #5)
- When I filter on holding columns I see this warning in my console. I do not know if it is related : Blocked aria-hidden on an element because its descendant retained focus. The focus must not be hidden from assistive technology users. Avoid using aria-hidden on a focused element or its ancestor. Consider using the inert attribute instead, which will also prevent focus. For more details, see the aria-hidden section of the WAI-ARIA specification at https://w3c.github.io/aria/#aria-hidden. Element with focus: <textarea.select2-search__field> Ancestor with aria-hidden: <table.items_table dataTable fixedHeader-floating>
I actually don't see this warning. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 OpenFifth Sandboxes <sandboxes@openfifth.co.uk> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attachment #206642|0 |1 is obsolete| | Attachment #206643|0 |1 is obsolete| | Attachment #206644|0 |1 is obsolete| | Attachment #206645|0 |1 is obsolete| | -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #12 from OpenFifth Sandboxes <sandboxes@openfifth.co.uk> --- Created attachment 206887 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206887&action=edit Bug 41023: DataTables - Allow multiple values in column filters The select filters are now multiple selects. All the selected values are passed to the column search, and _dt_default_ajax builds an OR query from them. Test plan: From the patron search, or on the holding tables: Use the category, library, item type column filters Confirm that they filter the table as expected. Signed-off-by: Mathieu Saby <mathsabypro@gmail.com> -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #13 from OpenFifth Sandboxes <sandboxes@openfifth.co.uk> --- Created attachment 206888 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206888&action=edit Bug 41023: Remove multiple from Status We need change server-side to deal with that correctly. It's for later. Signed-off-by: Mathieu Saby <mathsabypro@gmail.com> -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #14 from OpenFifth Sandboxes <sandboxes@openfifth.co.uk> --- Created attachment 206889 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206889&action=edit Bug 41023: Remove unnessary assignement Signed-off-by: Mathieu Saby <mathsabypro@gmail.com> -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 --- Comment #15 from OpenFifth Sandboxes <sandboxes@openfifth.co.uk> --- Created attachment 206890 --> https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=206890&action=edit Bug 41023: Left align the values selected in the column filters Not one by line or they take too much space. Signed-off-by: Mathieu Saby <mathsabypro@gmail.com> -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=41023 Mathieu Saby <mathsabypro@gmail.com> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Status|Needs Signoff |Signed Off --- Comment #16 from Mathieu Saby <mathsabypro@gmail.com> --- The alignment issue is fixed. I sign-off. The warning in my console appears when I scroll through my page, it has probably nothing to do with the patch. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
participants (1)
-
bugzilla-daemon@bugs.koha-community.org