[Koha-devel] suggestion for 1.2.2 version...

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Fri Jun 21 07:58:08 CEST 2002

Ahh, the beginnings of a coding standard are beginning to form ...

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, paul POULAIN wrote:

> I'm working to merge rel-1-2 and main branch, and am not happy.
> It's really a hard and bad job.
>
> I'm in addorder.pl for instance.
> And i realise some API changed and some didn't. For example, newbiblio
> need a hash, while modbiblio still needs 5 vars, separated by ","
> I think in 1.2.2 version, we had better change one to have only 1
> method, as it's important to have a clear method that can be memorized.
> Note in main trunk, both newbiblio and modbiblio use the hash :-\\\\

My cut at this (if we're not going to do OO perl, and for performance that
might be better) is that we should probably move towards passing hashes.
Is this reasonable to people?  Shall we make it a standard?  Comments?

> I don't correct the rel-1-2 to avoid introducing a bug in 1.2.2, but i
> think our 1.2 release manager should take a look at this problem for
> 1.2.3...

This is probably a good move.   I'd encourage others who find things like
this to take the same approach.  Let's discuss the issue and let the
release manager(s) come to a final decision.

thanks,
-pate