[Koha-devel] rel_2_0 CVS branch

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Dec 18 17:41:02 CET 2003

On 2003-12-18 14:57:52 +0000 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:

> I think we should have a 3 steps structure :
> 1 - stable version
> 2 - almost stable version
> 3 - probably broken version

I think this is too much. I think it strains us to support two
branches, let alone three. Have a stable series and one open for
development and let people do radical restructuring attempts in their
own space.

I think Debian has 5 branches (stable, frozen, testing, unstable,
experimental) as well as people using private staging areas. They're a
distribution rather than a development project, so maybe not a good
example. I'm leaving the RM questions alone: I don't have time right
now to think about such things, thanks to bug 662.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at