[Koha-devel] Perl-based gettext-like modules (was: Re: translation complaint...)

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jan 29 20:22:05 CET 2003

Hi

> > 	Another option might be to translate the templates at
> > install-time, rather than at run-time. That is, the distribution only
> > contains the English version of "searchresults.tmpl", plus French,
> > Polish, etc. translation files. The installation process then
> > generates the French and Polish templates from these.
> > 	It pleases me to believe that there might be a slight
> > performance gain from this as well.
>
> Unless I'm not understanding something, this would mean that a single
> koha installation could not be multilingual.  This seems like the wrong
> direction IMO.

If that is the case it seems like a bad idea :-(

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org