[Koha-devel] catalogue-home.pl

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat Oct 18 13:41:02 CEST 2003

Heya  Owen

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 04:21:31PM -0400, Owen Leonard said:
> I'm hoping someone can confirm the expected behavior of catalogue-home.pl for
> me.  Our previous system had a lot of flexibility in building queries that
> combined different terms in complex AND and OR phrases, so I'm getting a little
> confused when I look at catalogue-home.pl.
>
> Tell me if this is correct:
>
> title, author, and keyword can all be limited by class.  But title, author, and
> keyword can't be searched in combination. So, for instance, title and author
> can't be searched together (title keyword 'murder' AND author 'rendell').

Hmmm, title and author together should work. Thats a bug if they dont.
Keyword works by itself ... but the others title, author, class, publication
date etc can all be combined.

Eg
https://www.unido.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl

Try a search on author callon and title laws.
You can throw in language = english and class = monograph too.

This is how it should work, if its not, please bug it and ill go find out
why and fix it.

> And subject can only be searched on it's own.  Is that right? What about
> limiting by branch?  There's a commented-out piece of code in the template, but
> it doesn't work for us if we put in our values.

Yep subject is more of a browse option .. keyword searches in subject though.

Eg

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz