[Koha-devel] Asking for help

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Dec 16 08:07:02 CET 2004

Getahun Semeon a écrit :
> Dear Developers,
> I have subscribed to the koha-devel at lists.sourceforge.net mailing list.
> I have also sent the confirmation after receiving your mail dated
> December 13, 2004. I haven't still got a password.

You may wait for a long time, you don't have to recieve one... you can
post here once you have confirmed your subscription. Noboby has to
validate it.

> This is to ask your help for the following problems that we faced while
> testing koha system:

> In relation to copy cataloguing, we couldn’t check whether Z39.50 is
> working or not. Can you provide us sample Z39.50 Server details
> (hostname, port, Database, userid, password, etc.) for testing purpose.

Yes, it works.
you just have to set the z3950daemon that is located in misc/z3950
directory, under your KOHADIR.

Sample for BNF :
server => z3950.bnf.fr
port => 2211,
databaseName => ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1456,
user => Z3950,
password => Z3950_BNF,

> We can’t access the record that we created from the “Catalogue”
> interface. The system displays “Error message: Premature end of script
> headers: search.pl”.

if you have a 2.2.0RC3, pls update, as there is a (stupid) bug in this
release, that is the origin of this problem.

> The system accepts the same barcode number for different materials.

strange, it should not. Maybe a bug.

> The system doesn’t automatically assign item barcode number. The system
> expects us to enter a certain number.

Koha >> systempreferences >> autobarcode = yes

> Field 050 (Library of Congress Classification Number) is not part of
> the “Add Biblio” template although it is available in the parameter.

Koha >> systempreferences >> marc structure >> default framework >> go
to 050, and put it into the tab you want.

> Does the system perform spine label generation? If no, is there any
> other option to overcome this problem?

Koha >> parameters >> barcode printing

Hope This Help

--