[Koha-devel] Next release

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Feb 19 10:18:02 CET 2004

On 2004-02-19 15:33:48 +0000 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:

> I don't apply as Release Maintainer. Do we have a volunteer around ?

After repeated prompting, I'll go for this. If you make me 2.0.0 RM, I
will:-

1. Only allow bugfixes into the main tree and try to avoid DB
structure changes;
2. Aim for every new 2.0 bug squashed within a week of report, time
permitting;
3. Ask the 2.2 team to port 2.0 bugfixes or note they don't apply (=
no 2.0 bug gets closed without it) for at least the first 3 months;
4. Make a new release after fixing a blocker or critical bug;
5. Make a new release at most 6 weeks after fixing a bug, with at
least 2 prereleases;
6. Introduce an alternative to the z3950daemon;
7. Help to update the koha manuals.

> I apply as Release Manager for 2.2.0 if other ppl here like this idea.

Before deciding what I think on that, I would like to hear how and
when you plan to reach 2.2.0 - when will 2.1 series releases and
freeze happen? (I'd prefer to see 2.2 before late October...) What are
the first set of new features to go into main?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at