[Koha-devel] KohaWiki defaced daily

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Nov 2 21:12:24 CET 2004

MJ Ray wrote:

> http://www.koha.org/wiki/ is being attacked by linkspammers almost every
> day. Recently, they have become more destructive, wiping out acres of
> material, such as on the QuestionsPosed page.
>
> I'm against forcing user registration, but can we take some other action
> against these? Maybe some simple way to mark a change as spam, revert to
> the previous and flag it for the admin to look at (to ban IPs, contact
> remote network admins or whatever). It's not as easy to deal with total
> destruction of pages, unlike the simple "add links to end of page" spam
> we used to get.

That's a real shame - hmm, is there a way that unregisterd users changes
get sent for vetting? so you have to register to edit directly?

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams                Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR                       Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz              PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org