[Koha-devel] Framework == controlled vocabulary / classification scheme?

lars at rovaniemelainen.com lars at rovaniemelainen.com
Mon Oct 11 04:54:21 CEST 2004

I'm still chugging through making a Swedish translation and expect to be able to
upload preliminary draft "Real Soon Now (tm)"  However, I have a question about
the term "framework".

What is "framework" refering to?  It's hard to be sure what the context is from
kbabel.

Perhaps it refers to a controlled vocabulary or classification scheme. e.g. ERIC
or LCSH for the former or DDC for the latter.  A controlled vocabulary is merely
a list of subject terms or keywords used to describe the content or topic of a
resource.  A classification scheme is a subset of controlled vocabularies.

If it does refer to a controlled vocabulary or classification scheme, then it
might be better to say that so that the interface will be in more familiar terms
for librarians / catalogers.

-Lars