[Koha-devel] New Interface & Other Work

Ben Goodger goodgerster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:07:21 CEST 2005

Hello all,

As you can tell from the subject, I and my colleague Shaun Evans are
currently undertaking massive interface design works basing our
endeavours on Koha 2.2.2. We will be doing, among others, the
following things:

- XHTML conversion / sanitation (sponsored job)
- Converting interface to div-based where applicable to comply with
latest W3C trend
- Correcting / replacing / improving upon the language of the system,
much of which contains broken grammar or indeterminable meaning.
- Brand new interface style with tab navigation, control box, legible
fonts and more pleasant colours. (sponsored job)
- Accessibility enhancements, including keyboard shortcuts and
auto-field-focus-on-load scripts.

We're not modifying the Perl source in any logic-affecting way; we are
merely changing the presentation layer (templates > includes > css) in
order to make Koha the professional, enterprise-grade ILS it deserves
to become.
As you can probably tell this is a large job and will take a fair while.

As soon as something vaguely presentable has been produced, a
screenshot (or URL of screenshot) will be sent. Until then, bear with
us :)

--
~ Ben Goodger

~ Please remember to FLOSS daily.
~ www.getfirefox.com

PS. The changes currently being implemented by people adding new
features to the current release will not need significant reworking in
order to fit into our version.