[Koha-devel] Translation

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue May 31 14:31:58 CEST 2005

Hi all,

OK ... this one's for the Web Site group and the Documentation
Group. In bug 953, MJ requests that we setup a better translator's
page complete with links to the latest .po files. Here's an example:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/community/translation

Paul then pointed me to his site which is running on Kartouche,
a communal translation tool:

http://bureau.paulpoulain.com/kartouche/

Given the fact that many translators aren't going to be very tech
savvy, I think we should make Koha translation web-based. That is,
we should have a site where translators can go, setup a login,
assign themselves a translation project, run the .po to get the
English, and insert their language in text fields hitting submit
when they are done ... so paul, can Kartouche facilitate this? Is
there another software app that can?

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
LibLime                  Koha ILS, Mambo Intranet, DiscrimiNet Filter