[Koha-devel] TortioseCVS, was: Koha-devel digest, Vol 1 #1112 - 2 msgs

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Thu Sep 15 12:04:08 CEST 2005

> please help me cos i need the latest code urgently since the version i
> downloaded (koha 2.2.3 download) has errors/bugs and we are in the middle
> of a test installation before moving to production deployment.

I'm a Windows/TortoiseCVS user too, so maybe I can help.  I'm not exactly
sure why the program isn't fetching the correct list of modules, but you
can enter it manually and have success.  Here's what to do:

1. Right-click in the folder where you want TortoiseCVS to create the folder
for the checked-out files.  Choose 'Checkout'.

2. In the TortoiseCVS checkout window, under the 'Module' tab, choose these options:
 -- Protocol: Password server
 -- Server: cvs.sourceforge.net
 -- Repository folder: /cvsroot/koha
 -- User name: anonymous
 -- Module : koha

3. Click the 'Revision' tab and click the option for 'Choose branch or
tag.'  Under 'Branch or tag name' choose 'rel_2_2'. <-- This is important
because you want the production-ready version rather than the development
version.  If you end up with a checkout that includes the folders
'koha-curses' or 'koha-plucene' you know you've got the wrong version.

4. Click 'OK.'  You should be all set--it should download the version you
want.

I hope that works for you.  Feel free to email me directly if you've got
other Koha/TortoiseCVS questions I might be able to help you with.

  -- Owen