[Koha-devel] acquisitions redesign

Pierrick LE GALL pierrick at koha-fr.org
Thu Apr 20 17:57:49 CEST 2006

Hi koha-devel,

Wanting to fix bug 285 (which is not one on HEAD) I've played today
with the acquisition module. I must admit I've found it confusing.
There are terminology incoherence (basket/order are used at wrong
place for instance). I've found complicated to "search a supplier" to
add an order to a "still not existing" basket :-/

So I propose to redesign Acquisitions. Only screens, not
C4::Acquisitions or data model, only ergonomy.

- on the main page, having the following links:
  - pending suggestion lists
  - supplier list
  - basket list
  - order list
  - funds and budgets management
  - currencies management
  and still on the main page, the "Help" box already existing in 2.2

- "list" link would have an associated page. The lists are HTML tables
with filter capability. On the supplier line of acqui/supplier.pl we
would have a link "show baskets" to a filtered list on acqui/basket.pl
and "show orders" to a filtered list on acqui/order.pl. On the basket
line of acqui/basket.pl... you see what I mean.

- on each page we would have a link to "Add a supplier", "Add a
basket"...

- most important of all is the mecanism to add an order to a basket.
Here is what I would find a better way :

  1. the connected user selects an opened basket

  2. if the connected user has an opened basket, the pending suggestion
     list, the search.marc/search.pl and MARCdetail.pl pages would have
     a link to order the selected biblio.

As the catalogue is currently broken on my HEAD copy (zebra issues) I
would be able to code only the adding of orders from pending
suggestions, as long as catalogue is broken.

What is your opinion about my suggestions?

Bye

--
Pierrick LE GALL
INEO media system