[Koha-devel] Installation of Koha 3.0

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Aug 28 01:40:17 CEST 2007

Axel Bojer <axelb at skolelinux.no> wrote:
> Will Koha 3.0 be easier to install? I mean, the whole point with debian
> packages of course is that all the dependencies then are taken care of :-)

Yes.  The aim is for the usual perl install process (perl Makefile.PL
&& make install) to get koha to a point where you install the apache
VirtualHost and Zebra server, then use the web installer for the
librarian setup.  Broadly, the plan is still similar to
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=kohainstaller
despite the death of misc/buildrelease and misc/Install.pm, and the
introduction of Zebra and the web installer.

Once complete, this should allow easier production of distribution
packages (particularly debian) or installation through the CPAN shell,
to auto-install dependencies.

Just now, I have the basic Makefile.PL written (how do I submit the
patches from http://serene.ttllp.co.uk/~mjr/koha-installer/ to the
master tree?), and need to replace config files with PL files, then
move basic docs (README, INSTALL) to the top level and write any other
config.  The other big task is to figure out what's happening with the
SQL, which is the bulk of Friday's dev meeting.

Hope that explains,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.