[Koha-devel] Altering Koha

Roger Horne roger at hrothgar.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 12:06:56 CEST 2007

As I understand it, the reason to use templates is so that users can alter the
relevant Koha display. I am however finding it very difficult to see how to
make one particular change in the current version.

As I have said, the library I am concerned with is a professional library, ie
similar to a reference library save that the books can be borrowed. The
edition of a book is in most cases relevant since the user may well want an
old edition rather than the current one - or vice versa ... (I have one old
book where the 3rd edition is in my view much better than the 4th which was
abbreviated because of post-war paper shortages.) Alternatively he may need
to ensure that he has the latest edition.

So I would like eg http://radchams.co.uk/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=123
to include a line such as Edition: 17th Ed.

I can see how to alter  opac-detail.tmpl using something like
<!-- TMPL_IF name="edition_statement" --> ...<!-- /TEMPL_IF -->
but I cannot see where or how I would add  the appropriate
$template->param() command (and what the command would be to get what appears
to be 250a).

The koha docs are in the main excellent but I cannot see how to do this.

Roger
--
Roger Horne
roger at hrothgar.co.uk