[Koha-devel] Vote NOW for the Koha Community Website Theme

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Apr 14 16:03:39 CEST 2008

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 5:09 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>> Darci Hanning a écrit :
>>
>>> Dear Koha Community,
>>  >
>>  > You may now vote for the Koha Community Website Theme here:
>>  >
>>  > http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=cXmKffvDeO7c48PVcFB4BA_3d_3d
>>
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  There are 3 themes, and/but all votes are ranked between 1 and 10.
>>
>>  Does it mean we can give a 10 to all the themes if we like them (or 1 if
>>  we dislike them all) ? or 1/5/10, or 1, 2, 3.
> The idea is to rank your favorite on a scale of 1-10 or 1-5. If you like
> two themes the same, you can rank them the same.

and, at the end, the theme that will get the best rank will be selected ?
Mathematically, there's something strange :
Suppose I rank the themes 2, 3, 5. Two of us doing the same.

someone else then vote "10, 0, 1"
Results : 14 points for #1, 11 for #3 => #1 is choosen.
Although we are 2 that prefer #3 and only one that prefer #1.

How will we handle results saying : color scheme (question 1) #1 wins,
and continuity (question 2) #3 wins.
who will win in this case ?

What happends, if the average ranking is poor for all themes ? We try a
new contest ? (sorry to imagine the worst case)

wikipedia (at least fr.wikipedia) has lot of pages about voting system
(who says "trolling" pages ?). None of them is perfect (US have choosen
a president with less ppl voting for him than for his opponent if I
don't mind ;-) ). so I don't want this system to be changed, I just
suggest the system to be a little bit more explained.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com