[Koha-devel] Vote NOW for the Koha Community Website Theme

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Apr 17 09:28:13 CEST 2008

"Joshua Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 1:48 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> >  To update the current website, log in to kea on koha2, pick a file,
> >  edit it in the browser, then click to notify the webmaster (Russel
> >  IIRC) that there's an update waiting.  If you need a login, ask Russel
[...]
> >  So what does "pretty non-transparent" mean?  Not at LibLime?
> Not sure what you're implying here, and whether I should be offended by it :-)

Well, that makes two of us.  I don't know what "pretty
non-transparent" means and you've ignored a direct question about it.
Why all the evasion recently?

> > To me,
> >  koha2 seems more transparent than this new Plone site's development!
> Ahem ... the process you describe requires that you know someone, or that
> you post a list question asking how to add or translate content on the website.
> In the new Plone-based model, you just sign up and away you go. For some
> content we might want to have it moderated, but in general, I vote that we
> keep it as wiki-style as possible.

I just signed up on skin3 and there's no way to edit anything.  Where
should I be looking?

Oh look!  I'm posting a list question asking how to add or translate
content on the website... so it's exactly as transparent as before.
The main difference is that this time, no-one, except maybe possibly
at LibLime, knows the people.

Can we put the Plone site into the long grass until after 3.0 is out
and we've a few deployments under our belt, please?  You say you've
not got time to work on it or run a normal vote, we've not had time to
convert the current design, I doubt many people have got time to learn
how to edit Plone just now and kea isn't that much worse.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)