[Koha-devel] cat search result list in OPAC & staff

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Tue Aug 5 11:04:06 CEST 2008

MJ Ray a écrit :
> Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> One of our libraries bugs me to have exactly the same look the the
>> biblio summary in the list result.
>> atm, the differences I can see are :
>> - in staff, title/author are on 2 lines, in OPAC, they are on 1 line,
>> separated by 'by'
>> - in staff, publisher is after author, in OPAC it's on line 2, before pubyer
>>
>> Is there an explanation for those 2 diffs, or can I modify the staff to
>> have exactly the same look as OPAC ?
>>

> I've been told that there are also differences in how the series title
> is displayed in the two interfaces.
>
> I think we should try for both interfaces to look similar, as far as
> possible, because it confuses library staff.  I'm not familiar with
> the display code.  Can we drive both displays from the same
> code/templates?
>
> Thanks,

Unfortunately, in that regard, Koha is designed to have a real
disconnection between OPAC and intranet
so having the same include would not be possible. (unless we decide to
enable links in apache configuration, which is BAD).
+ it wouldnot be really efficient since OPAC's API is different from
staff's :
cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl is cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl at staff.
We could write a translator from staff to OPAC display (there is
something like that in ISBDdetail.pl if i don't mind.)
But then there would still be the problem of template separation.
This raises also the problem of features : for instance, basket is not
provided at intranet, but is really useful also for staff members.

Should we change and unify Koha's scripts and naming ?

Should this be an RFC for 3.4 ?
for Koha 4.0  ?

Any other comment ?

--