[Koha-devel] cat search result list in OPAC & staff

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Aug 5 16:17:04 CEST 2008

"Nicole Engard" <nicole.engard at liblime.com> wrote:
> From a librarian point of view, I think that the intranet side should be
> different.  Librarians want to see more information when searching than the
> general public would.  I agree that the staff search results need to change
> - but I don't know if making it the same as the OPAC is what we need.
>
> This is what I've heard from catalogers and it's what I (as a librarian)
> feel as well.

Well, I see that kohabug 2467 has just been filed about another
staff/public interface difference (that time in advanced search) so
I'm not sure that all library staff share that view.  I'd also expect
it to help librarians when advising borrowers if they're using an
interface based on the OPAC one.

Maybe the answer is to make the staff interface a bit like the social
networking websites do and have a first part of the display as "public
profile" and then an extra part that appears in the staff interface.
How would people feel about that?

--
MJ Ray (slef)