[Koha-devel] Debian package: scripts and files

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Sun Aug 24 16:57:34 CEST 2008

  Hi,

  Always preparing the Debian package, I see there are lots of things
installed in usr/share/koha/{bin,misc}.
  I would like to know what are these files. In particular, are they
- files/scripts invoked by koha[1]
- files/scripts needed to run zebra
- files/scripts that can help a user in special occasion
  (will be probably moved in /usr/share/doc/koha/examples)
- files/scripts intend to be run by the admin
  (will be probably moved in /usr/sbin)
- ...
[1]: when I say "run by koha", I mean "run by the cgi-scripts by apache"

So, here is the (long) list with some of my comments.
Please, correct me or add any information you know.

* bin
  directory with all installed executables of koha
  (files will probably be dispached in the debian packages)

* bin/batchCompareMARCvsFrameworks.pl
* bin/batchDeleteUnusedSubfields.pl
* bin/batchImportMARCWithBiblionumbers.pl
* bin/batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl
* bin/batchRepairMissingBiblionumbers.pl
* bin/batchupdateISBNs.pl
* bin/check_sysprefs.pl
* bin/commit_biblios_file.pl
* bin/exportauth.pl
* bin/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl
* bin/spellcheck_suggest
* bin/spellcheck_suggest/make_spellcheck_suggest.pl
* bin/stage_biblios_file.pl
* bin/syspref-diff.pl
* bin/zebraqueue_daemon.pl
  ?? run by koha ?

* bin/perlmodule_ls.pl
* bin/perlmodule_rm.pl
* bin/sax_parser_print.pl
* bin/sax_parser_test.pl
* bin/testKoha.pl
  Really useful after an installation ?

* bin/kohalib.pl
  helper script for the others.
  => others will need patching (for PERL5LIB) if they are moved
  in the debian package.

* bin/koha-pazpar2-ctl.sh
* bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh
* bin/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh
  /etc/init.d/ scripts. Why two different for zebra ? Can they be merged ?

* bin/cronjobs
  cronjobs to do some things. But which ?
  Should they be run by default ?
  Which frequency ?
  Under which user ? (ie which special file do they need to
  read (such as /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml) ?)
* bin/cronjobs/advance_notices.pl
* bin/cronjobs/backup.sh
* bin/cronjobs/build_browser_and_cloud.pl
* bin/cronjobs/crontab.example
  has some minimal doc wrt to some of the other cron files
  => can benefice to be rewritten by rewrite.PL at install time
     (for some paths)
* bin/cronjobs/fines.pl
* bin/cronjobs/j2a.pl
* bin/cronjobs/longoverdue.pl
* bin/cronjobs/notifyMailsOp.pl
* bin/cronjobs/overdue_notices.pl
* bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl
* bin/cronjobs/reservefix.pl
* bin/cronjobs/services_throttle.pl
* bin/cronjobs/smsoverdues.pl
* bin/cronjobs/stats
* bin/cronjobs/stats/monthly_circulation_statistics.pl
* bin/cronjobs/stats/monthly_new_items_statistics.pl
* bin/cronjobs/stats/monthly_new_patron_statistics.pl
* bin/cronjobs/update_items.pl
* bin/cronjobs/zebraqueue_start.pl

* bin/load_testing
* bin/load_testing/benchmark_circulation.pl
* bin/load_testing/benchmark_webservices.pl
  ???

* bin/maintenance
* bin/maintenance/fix_accountlines_date.pl
* bin/maintenance/sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl
  ???

* bin/migration_tools
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/biblio_framework.sql
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/convert_to_utf8.pl
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/export_Authorities.pl
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/export_Authorities_xml.pl
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/missing090field.pl
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/move_marc_to_authheader.pl
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/move_marc_to_biblioitems.pl
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/phrase_log.sql
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/rebuild_leader.pl
* bin/migration_tools/22_to_30/rebuild_unimarc_100.pl
* bin/migration_tools/build6xx.pl
* bin/migration_tools/buildCOUNTRY.pl
* bin/migration_tools/buildEDITORS.pl
* bin/migration_tools/buildLANG.pl
* bin/migration_tools/bulkauthimport.pl
* bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl
* bin/migration_tools/fix_onloan.pl
* bin/migration_tools/merge_authority.pl
* bin/migration_tools/rebuild_nozebra.pl
* bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
* bin/migration_tools/upgradeitems.pl
  Is it needed in a Debian package (ie where no pre 3.0 version exists ?)
  Perhaps as examples only.
  Or perhaps 'rebuild_nozebra.pl' and 'rebuild_zebra.pl' can be used to switch
  between a zebra and nozebra installation ?

* misc
* misc/koha-install-log
  Does the installer use this file ? As upgrade will be managed by dpkg,
  I do not see the interest of this file (moreover, some values will be
  undefined as the user will have some choices at package install time
  (unimarc/marc21, ...) and this file is created at package build time)

* misc/rss
* misc/rss/lastAcquired-1.0.conf
* misc/rss/lastAcquired-1.0.tmpl
* misc/rss/lastAcquired-2.0.conf
* misc/rss/lastAcquired-2.0.tmpl
* misc/rss/lastAcquired.conf
* misc/rss/lastAcquired.tmpl
* misc/rss/longestUnseen.conf
* misc/rss/longestUnseen.tmpl
* misc/rss/mostReserved.conf
* misc/rss/mostReserved.tmpl
* misc/rss/README
* misc/rss/rss.pl
* misc/rss/sm-koha-icon.jpg
  Are they examples ? Or are they used by koha ?
  If they are examples, what is needed to use them ?

* misc/translator
* misc/translator/install-code.pl
* misc/translator/install.pl
* misc/translator/rebuild_lang.sh
* misc/translator/stats.pl
* misc/translator/text-extract2.pl
* misc/translator/text-extract.pl
* misc/translator/tmpl_process3.pl
* misc/translator/TmplTokenizer.pm
* misc/translator/TmplToken.pm
* misc/translator/TmplTokenType.pm
* misc/translator/translator_doc.html
* misc/translator/translator_doc.txt
* misc/translator/update.pl
* misc/translator/VerboseWarnings.pm
* misc/translator/xgettext.pl
  Are they really needed on a running system ? (ie if used and the translations
  changed, all changes will be overwritten by the next package update => better
  use these tools before or while building the package).

  Best regards,
    Vincent