[Koha-devel] new sysprefs

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Feb 19 23:20:30 CET 2008

Hi,

On 11/28/07, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> i'm translating the syspref added this week, and have found some that
> are only defined, and not used in the code :

I've gone through these sysprefs, and think most of them should be
removed.  Details follow:

> - WebBasedSelfCheck

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.  But was this intended for use by the
scripts in opac/sco?

> - staffClientBaseURL

Used by misc/benchmark.pl, so should keep for now.

> - minPasswordLength

In use.

> - noItemTypeImages

In use, though should rename if we follow the suggestion of using
positive names for the sysprefs.

> - noOPACHolds (+ kados said, and he was right, that setting "no" to a
> "noXXXX" parameter means "XXXX", so we should probably rename this
> syspref to something "positive")

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.  RequestOnOpac appears to serve its purpose.

> - emailLibrarianWhenHoldIsPlaced

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - holdCancelLength

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - libraryAddress

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - finesMode (this one is used, but only in C4/SIP/Patron.pm, which is,
> afaik, specific & not production ready

Should keep if used, but perhaps should be renamed if it is specific
to SIP support.

> - globalDueDate

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - itemBarcodeInputFilter

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - singleBranchMode

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - URLLinkText

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - noOPACUserLogin (which would be a duplicate of opacuserlogin iiuc +
> kados said, and he was right, that setting "no" to a "noXXXX" parameter
> means "XXXX", so we should probably rename this syspref to something
> "positive")

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9, and I agree that this sounds like a
duplicate of opacuserlogin.

> - OPACDisplayExtendedSubInfo

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - OPACViewOthersSuggestions

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - OPACURLOpenInNewWindow

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - OPACUserCSS (what does this one mean ? We already have opacstylesheet,
> opaccolorstylesheet)

Not used in 3.0 or 2.2.9.

> - emailPurchaseSuggestions

Not used in 3.0 to 2.2.9.

To summarize, the following sysprefs are not used by active code:

WebBasedSelfCheck
noOPACHolds
emailLibrarianWhenHoldIsPlaced
holdCancelLength
libraryAddress
globalDueDate
itemBarcodeInputFilter
singleBranchMode
URLLinkText
noOPACUserLogin
OPACDisplayExtendedSubInfo
OPACViewOthersSuggestions
OPACURLOpenInNewWindow
OPACUserCSS
emailPurchaseSuggestions

I plan to make a patch later this week to remove these sysprefs.
Please let me know if any of these are in fact in use, represent
pre-2.2.9 features that ought to be ported to 3.0, represent a feature
that someone is willing to code and submit a patch for relatively
soon, or are in use by an existing contrib.  If there are any other
dead sysprefs that should be removed, please post those as well.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton