[Koha-devel] Koha 3.0-stable final release date

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sun Jul 6 23:08:04 CEST 2008

Hi Joshua,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008, Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:

> The RC1 for 3.0-stable has been generally well received, and translators
> and testers have been hard at work. A few issues were revealed, and I've
> been asked by a few translators for an extension to wrap up some remaining
> strings. In particular, the issues surrounding CGI::Session::Serialize changes
> on CPAN, as well as some Serials bugs that BibLibre have been working on,
> really do need to be resolved before we declare this release stable.
>
> With these issues in mind, I've decided to delay the proposed final release
> date of July 1 (yesterday!) to next week, July 7th (a Monday). [snip]

First of all, I would like to congratulate all the developers for all
the great work done so far! :)

Having said that, I notice that now (06-Jul-2008 22:01 GMT) there are
still 32 open bugs in Koha reported as "major" or "critical" or
"blocker":

http://tinyurl.com/5t65e7

There may also be other reported bugs that have not been classified by
the reporter as "major" /"critical" / "blocker", but that actually
(should) belong to one of those three categories.

So, I guess that what I'm asking is this: shouldn't the date to
release "Koha 3 Final" be moved forward again until all the critical /
major / blocker bugs are fixed and all the other bugs are considered
to not belong in one of those categories (or, if they are, fix them
before release)?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques