[Koha-devel] Koha Plone Contest

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Jul 28 13:32:49 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Rachel Hamilton-Williams
<rachel at katipo.co.nz> wrote:

> Roberto Allende wrote:
>> MJ Ray escribió:

>>> I think a lot of the current www.koha.org writers would also love to
>>> know!  Anyone?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>> PIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Any news ?... Who is the person in charge ?
>>
> Oh one of the tricky questions :-) Liblime have been working on the new
> Plone website I think including implementing a design so hopefully
> Joshua might be able to fill you in on where that is at. My
> understanding is that everyone's been very busy so it may not have
> progressed as far as he'd hoped.
>
> There wasn't an outright winner that I'm aware of  - but there was some
> voting and commenting so perhaps the results of that process could be
> made public/available to you.
The bottom line is that the core Koha development community expressed
dissatisfaction with all of the submitted designs, and we didn't plan for
a scenerio where no-one liked any of them; for that reason, I hesitated to
publish the results of our voting process.

We're still planning to proceed with Plone, but we've had other priorities
(like the release of Koha 3.0) that have prevented us from focusing our
attention on what to do with the koha.org Plone migration.

Some have suggested we switch to Plone and just use the standard Plone
template; others have suggested we pick one of the submitted designs
even though we didn't like them, just to move things forward; others have
suggested we run another contest or perhaps just select someone to pay
to design a koha.org site that the community is happy with. So there are
lots of ideas, but I think most of us have been too busy to execute them.

 So Koha community, how shall we proceed?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support