[Koha-devel] QA process (was: "freezing" koha 3.0)

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Wed May 7 21:04:40 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
<snip>
> For instance, the role of QA
>  manager means almost nothing in real life. I'm sorry about that, we
>  should speak of how to introduce the QA role in the git process.

I'm interested in opening up this topic a little bit more.
Specifically, I'd like to know what I can do as a developer to make
the QA process more efficient and effective. Some of the things I can
think of that I can do that may help us are:

* ensure that I create test cases for new code that I add
* try to create test cases for other code that I touch
* Document and describe the recent changes to the test suite to make
it easier for others to use and extend it
* document my changes and the anticipated side effects more thoroughly
in my git commit messages and on bugs.koha.org
* triage my bugs and others so that bugs.koha.org is more accurate
* set up a smoke bot to run the automated test suite after each commit
and report the results

What things do the rest of you see as being high-value contributions
to the QA process?

-Andy