[Koha-devel] QA process (was: "freezing" koha 3.0)

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed May 7 21:21:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Andrew Moore <andrew.moore at liblime.com> wrote:
>  * ensure that I create test cases for new code that I add
>  * try to create test cases for other code that I touch
>  * Document and describe the recent changes to the test suite to make
>  it easier for others to use and extend it

Agreed; I hope we reach the point where all regular contributors are
comfortable with the test suite and writing unit and regression tests
where appropriate.

>  * document my changes and the anticipated side effects more thoroughly
>  in my git commit messages and on bugs.koha.org

But wouldn't it be useful to also document the unanticipated side
effects? ;-)  Seriously, I almost never met a detailed commit message
I didn't like.

>  * triage my bugs and others so that bugs.koha.org is more accurate

This will be of immediate use for stabilizing 3.0.  I will be spending
some time now through Friday going through all of the major, critical,
and blocker bugs, and encourage others to do the same.  I think
another bug-squashing session on #koha is in order, perhaps some time
next week.

>  * set up a smoke bot to run the automated test suite after each commit
>  and report the results

Also agreed.

Regards,

Galen