[Koha-devel] Tab stops in source code

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:06:01 CET 2008

On 2008/11/13, at 7:45 PM, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Mason James wrote:
>
>> I don't know the history of this comment, but i wouldnt wotry too
>> much about it
>> its old  and not very well enforced (at least)
>> I think we should all agree on a standardised .perltidyrc format,
>> and i vote for Andy's ;)
>> Ive been using Andy's since he first posted it on the list, and
>> its a nice format for me
>
> May I assume then that the answer to tab stops is:
>
> (*) yes, use them to indent

hmm , thats close to a holy-war topic Rick ;)

i personally would choose tabs too

but i think we might have to allow either tabs or spaces from
developers -
(thats perltidys behavior too afaik)

the important thing is a consistent indent length of 4, i think.

> (*) assume the tab stop is every four characters

yeah, i think thats 97% standard in koha now

> Are we agreed?

no, tabs and spaces i think

any other strong opinions people?

> As far as a standardised .perltidyrc, my only comment is "please
> explain!"

hmm, only after you google 'explain perltidyrc' ;)

Mason.