[Koha-devel] Tab stops in source code

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Nov 13 09:20:57 CET 2008

Mason James wrote:

> but i think we might have to allow either tabs or spaces from developers -
> (thats perltidys behavior too afaik)

Why would anyone indent with spaces?

> the important thing is a consistent indent length of 4, i think.

Hooray for that!

>> As far as a standardised .perltidyrc, my only comment is "please
>> explain!"
>
> hmm, only after you google 'explain perltidyrc' ;)

So, are we perltidying the source code in Koha?
If not, any plans to?

And what about the templates? They are often mind-bending to edit, and I've
seen no tools to assist in comprehending their structure.

IMHO, indentation in hand-coded HTML is just as important as that in
perl and other languages.

cheers
rickw