[Koha-devel] [RFC ver2 4/4] DBIx::Class - Changes to C4::Members to start using DBIx::Class

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Sat Nov 22 08:04:50 CET 2008

Andrew Moore a écrit :
> So far, they have consisted only of these emails I've been sending out
> from git. They contain a "0" patch that contains no code, but just
> documentation. Then the patches show the creation of the C4::Schema
> object and a few examples of how we could use it.
>
> Now that it is looking more likely that this project is viable,
> perhaps I need to start a wiki page for it and capture some of these
> ideas and concerns in a little more permanent fashion. I only have
> time to work on this type of project on Fridays, so look for that this
> Friday. Feel free to start it or add to it if you would like.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> -Andy

Hi
you are doing a great job documenting and investigating. Thank you. I
still had no time investigating or testing. But I am very glad of such a
plan to get an ORM in Koha.

Looking at the page you link to on wiki in terms of performances, I can
see that RDBO seems to be a quicker ORM than DBIC.
And we already have some performance issue on Circulation.
Have you considered this alternate ORM which I have come across only
some days ago ?
Or will we have to use DBI, which is still 8 times faster (according to
the tests http://code.google.com/p/rose/wiki/RDBOBenchmarksWithDBI )
than DBIC for circulation which is a critical part in Koha ?

I donot want to slow down things. But I want to be sure that what we
choose is the best alternative to fit our requirements.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT