[Koha-devel] Koha PEOPLE Efficiency [WAS: RFC: Koha : Merge biblio & biblioitems tables]

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Nov 26 19:41:10 CET 2008

Andrew Moore wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:
>> <RANT>
>>
>> I am *VERY* concerned about people performance. To wit:
>
> Hi Rick - I'm thankful for your rant. Not only do I agree that we're
> suffering from some technical debt that makes contributions more
> difficult, time consuming, and laborious, but I see notes like yours
> as more of a motivational encouragement than a repetition of old
> arguments. I try to make my new code better than what came before it,
> and to make some of the surrounding code a little better, too. I hope
> you do the same and to help me and others improve.

[SNIP]

Thanks Andrew for taking the time to move my <RANT> forwards to suggestions
for some positive action. That is of course what we need here.

I am taking onboard all of your recommendations ... one could become *very*
busy dipping into all of these pies. I'll see what fits my spare time and
"esprit".

And I haven't forgotten about your ORM work and suggestions. I just have to
get that darn perl modules installed in a clean install of Koha, which takes
finding a spare (virtual) host somewhere.

Hrrmmm ... this brings up another topic: Koha dev environments.
But I'll leave that for another posting.

cheers
rickw