[Koha-devel] configuration files for Debian packaging 3/3 (default configuration)

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Wed Oct 29 23:07:16 CET 2008

  Hi,

  As I've a few free time, I'm trying to complete a first version of
Debian Koha packaging.
  I've a few questions for koha/zebra/.. guru that I separate in 3 mails.

  Here is the third mail.

  Most of the koha configuration (mostly what is asked by Makefile.PL)
will be handled by debconf. I needed to know for the following questions
if there is a sensible default to the question.
  Debconf offers to setup a default answer and we also have to
setup the level of the question. On a typical basic installation,
only question of level 'high' will be asked (other will get the
default value). Debconf levels are:
* low    Very trivial items that have defaults that will  work  in
         the  vast  majority  of  cases;  only  control freaks see
         these.
* medium Normal items that have reasonable defaults.
* high   Items that don't have a reasonable default.
* critical
         Items that will probably break the  system  without  user
         intervention.

So, here are my propositions/questions

Using zebra or not: will be selected by the choice of the packages
  (koha-zebra or koha-nozebra)

MARC format for Zebra indexing
  Default: UNIMARC ?
  Level: high ? [1]

Primary language for Zebra indexing
  Default: en ?
  Level: high ? [1]

Authorities indexing mode
  Default: dom ?
  Level: medium ? [is not dom more powerful than grs1?]

Enable SRU?
  Default: no ?
  Level: medium ?

SRU Database host? (only if SRU is enabled)
  Default: localhost ?
  Level: low ?

SRU port for bibliographic data? (only if SRU is enabled)
  Default: ?
  Level: high ? [2]

SRU port for authority data? (only if SRU is enabled)
  Default: ?
  Level: high ? [2]

Enable Pazpar2 ?
  Default: no ?
  Level: medium ?

Zebra bibliographic server host? (only if Pazpar2 is enabled)
  Default: localhost ?
  Level: low ?

Zebra bibliographic port for PazPar2 to use? (only if Pazpar2 is enabled)
  Default: ?
  Level: high [2]

PazPar2 host? (only if Pazpar2 is enabled)
  Default: localhost
  Level: low ?

PazPar2 port? (only if Pazpar2 is enabled)
  Default: ?
  Level: high ? [2]

[1]: if you tell me in the previous mail (mail 2/3) that it is
  easy to switch from a setup to the other one, then I will
  lowered the level to 'medium'

[2]: if you can give me sensible default port, then the level can be
  lowered to 'low'

  So, if any guru can confirm/answer to my guesses, it would be easier for
me to manage the configuration files without messing up all things and
allowing a very easy default koha installation on Debian.

  Best regards,
    Vincent

Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean at debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87
Unofficial pacakges: http://www-id.imag.fr/~danjean/deb.html#package
APT repo:  deb http://perso.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main