[Koha-devel] configuration files for Debian packaging 2/3 (reconfiguration)

tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu Oct 30 12:41:54 CET 2008

Hi,

>   As I've a few free time, I'm trying to complete a first version of
> Debian Koha packaging.
>   I've a few questions for koha/zebra/.. guru that I separate in 3 mails.
>

>   If we want to switch the MARC format for Zebra indexing
> (MARC 21 <-> UNIMARC) on a koha with zebra:
> - is it possible?
> - what must be done? (in addition to change config files)
>   (only restart zebrasrv?)

In fact, in a installed koha with data you can't switch from MARC21 to
Unimarc.
You need:

stop apache and zebrasrv.
Change the marc system system preference.
Export bibliographic data, transform them by a software (like MARCON),
drop the data tables, drop the cataloguing tables, insert the new values
into
cataloguing tables, insert the new data into data tables.
Change the defintion for indexing used by zebra.
Reindex all.
Restart apache and zebrasrv

Without data:
stop apache and zebrasrv.
Change the marc system system preference.
Drop the data tables, drop the cataloguing tables, insert the new values
into
cataloguing tables.
Change the defintion for indexing used by zebra
Reindex all.
Restart apache and zebrasrv.

I have done this change by hand and it is quite complex.

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli