[Koha-devel] koha with better support for postgresql

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:15:25 CET 2009

This isn't going to happen any time soon, if ever.  It is, in my opinion, a
waste of time to try to convert all the existing SQL statements and
structure to be both mysql and PG-compatible, leading to a lot of
duplication in almost every C4 subroutine.  In particular, such effort could
be more fruitfully applied to OO mapping and/or a DBIx::Class abstraction
layer.  That moves the codebase away from a specific DB implementation and
towards something truly useful.

--Joe