[Koha-devel] Improving Koha's OPAC Search

Walls, Ian Ian.Walls at med.nyu.edu
Thu Dec 10 18:35:14 CET 2009

Chad,

Neat!  Always glad to have people volunteer to help make Koha better.

When you say "improve" and "enhance" the search, what are your specific goals?  Faster retrieval time?  More complex search options (nested Booleans, more search fields, regex-style wildcards, etc.)?  More relevant relevance ranking?  All of the above?  Knowing more about the intended result will help us determine how difficult the process might be.

Thanks for your willingness to contribute; look forward to hearing more from you!

Ian Walls
Systems Integration Librarian
NYU Health Sciences Libraries
550 First Ave., New York, NY 10016