[Koha-devel] Date defaults in pendingreserves.pl (holds to pull report)

Wagner, Jane jwagner at ptfs.com
Fri Mar 20 19:34:20 CET 2009

The pendingreserves.pl script is defaulting to a date range of 10 years
ago to yesterday.  However, the last bit of the below part of the script
-- the if !defined($startdate) piece -- seems to be implying that other
start and end dates could be provided.  I'm not finding any place where
other dates can be set by the user before the report is run.  After it
runs (first entry into screen), the user can change dates in the Refine
Results section.  Is there a syspref I'm missing, or somewhere else,
that the user can specify different dates as a default?

Thanks.

my $todaysdate     = sprintf("%-04.4d-%-02.2d-%02.2d", $year, $month,
$day);
my $yesterdaysdate = sprintf("%-04.4d-%-02.2d-%02.2d",
Add_Delta_YMD($year, $month, $day,   0, 0, -1));
# Find 10 years ago for the default shelf pull start and end dates
# A default of the prior day's holds is a reasonable way to pull holds
my $pastdate       = sprintf("%-04.4d-%-02.2d-%02.2d",
Add_Delta_YMD($year, $month, $day, -10, 0,  0));

# Predefine the start and end dates if they are not already defined
$startdate =~ s/^\s+//;
$startdate =~ s/\s+$//;
$enddate =~ s/^\s+//;
$enddate =~ s/\s+$//;
# Check if null, should string match, if so set start and end date to
yesterday
if (!defined($startdate) or $startdate eq "") {
        $startdate = format_date($pastdate);
}
if (!defined($enddate) or $enddate eq "") {
        $enddate = format_date($yesterdaysdate);
}

Jane Wagner
Library Systems Analyst
PTFS Inc.