[Koha-devel] Problem in installation of Koha

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:34:42 CEST 2009

2009/5/14 Mahendra Varandani <mahendra at idessolutions.com>

> I am PHP developer and i had downloaded the koha software but i found it is
> totally made up in perl is there any other version available in PHP ??

No.

> if not then pl help me as i have to install it to my local system which has
> windows installed with Apache server and Mysql so how do i run it via
> command line?? how do i know that perl is installed or not??

Your question does not make much sense.   When you say "how do I run it via
command line", I'm not sure what "it" is.  Koha has many pieces, some with
command-line interface, and some without.

Most perl users on windows use the "activeperl" from activestate or
strawberry perl.  Try it:
http://strawberryperl.com/

To test for perl on your system, try:
perl -e "print qq(it works\n);"
Or just:
perl -V

If that works, then you have perl installed.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions