[Koha-devel] Possible Feature

Roche III, Edward edward_roche at solanco.k12.pa.us
Sat Sep 12 18:47:48 CEST 2009

Good Morning

As we implement here at our district, a question came for a possible
feature that was in our previous software. Under Circulation on the
admin side, we have Check-In, Check-Out and Transfers. Something that we
see very useful and timesaving would be a feature to Renew Books from
here as well. How it would work is to select that option under
circulation and just scan the book barcode and it would automatically
renew the book for the patron. Currently (how I understand it) is you
need to go into each individual patron and renew. This is very time
consuming if you have 15 patron from a class wanting to renew their
book. Let me know what you think. I am not a programmer or I would work
on it and submit the code for a possible inclusion. If someone wants to
work on it I would be happy to do any testing that is needed.

Also, if there is a more formal way to submit this feature request let
me know and I would be happy to do that.

Thanks

Ed

Edward J. Roche

Network Administrator

Solanco School District

717.786.2151 x2437

"At the End of the Day, Did You Play to Win or Not to Lose?"