[Koha-devel] Debian packages of Koha: current status and plans

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Apr 30 04:36:33 CEST 2010

On 30 April 2010 14:25, Thomas Krichel <krichel at openlib.org> wrote:
>  Lars Wirzenius writes
>
>> Is this something others would find useful?
>
>  I am not sure that the multi-installations are useful to
>  me. But the backup and move to other machine would definitely.
>
>  The biggest problem I have with koha is performance. I mailed
>  the list about fastCGI some time ago. Moving to a better machine
>  would also improve performance, and your package system would
>  be very handy.

Thomas

I spent some time experimenting with fastcgi + nginx, if you want to
chat about it sometime. I think its a good avenue to explore
I am on irc most days.

>> I am not currently looking for test users or patches, but I will
>> announce when I have something that I think is reasonably safe
>> for others to try.
>
>  But I already volunteer. This looks like great work Lars.
>  When you come to NYC I will buy you a lot of beer for this.

Lars, If you don't want to drink it, you can bring it back to work and
I'll help ;)

Seriously though, Id like to add my thanks for the work you have done to date.

Chris