[Koha-devel] SQL for 856 tag in marc record

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Wed Jan 27 14:55:40 CET 2010

2010/1/27 Wagner, Jane <jwagner at ptfs.com>:
> Difference between the biblioitems.url field and the actual MARC 856
> (in the xml)?  I don't know what makes biblioitems.url get populated,
> but I suspect if you load data in bulk (outside the Tools import) it doesn't
> happen.

Isn't that the mapping defined under Administration -> MARC-links
(/cgi-bin/koha/admin/koha2marclinks.pl)? I think this mapping is
respected even if records are imported with bulkmarcimport.pl. But
perhaps there is some difference in which subfield is actually used
and which field Koha expects to find the URLs in?

> Somebody had a neat trick on the IRC (chris_n?) for reading the actual
> MARC fields out of the XML.  That might work better.

Could this be what you are thinking of?
http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Koha3%2C-loading-locale-data%2C-contribs-and-%09funcionality-p27165605.html

Regards,
Magnus