[Koha-devel] New preferences editor

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 23:29:28 CEST 2010

Le 10/06/2010 14:10, Nicole Engard a écrit :
> Marcel,
>
> I have reported a lot of bugs about missing preferences.  Most are
> found with this search:
> http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=sys+prefs
>
> As for instructions on how to add them, I can write that up, but the
> reason I haven't added some of these is because the implication is
> that they are not used in the code anymore or because I don't know how
> to add that particular preference.
>
> Thanks
> Nicole

Hi,
about that new preferences editor,
I really can appreciate the work Jesse Weaver did. I like the javascript
and the hierarchy and the search and the way to update the whole page at
once... Really.
But it appears that to us, it is more messy than the previous system :
- requires the edition of many files (sql and pref) rather than
centralizing things.
- the translation of the yaml file will be clumsy (think of arabic ppl
who donot have the same way to tell Do don't)
- And the Boolean approach in that system is quite inadapted to PERL :
No and Yes for 0 and 1... Problem is that PERL interprets No as 1...
unfortunately.
We are therefore compelled not to use that system....
Anyone here having the same problems ?
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT