[Koha-devel] Developer Documentation

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:55:41 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> The wiki is not organized - it's way too hard to navigate for someone
> who is not familiar with is and adding more links is not going to help
> - in my opinion - and the point is to make it easy for those who are
> not familiar with the code or coding for Koha.

Absolutely nothing precludes rewriting content on the wiki or
reorganizing it.  Once the new wiki is up, we'll have an opportunity
to start with a clean slate anyway.

> If DocBook is not the answer, then I'm up for suggestions of
> structured ways to provide new developers with a guide of where to
> start, what to do and not do... I've been a member of the community
> for 3+ years - not that long in the grand scheme of things, but long
> enough that I should know more about development guidelines than I do
> and that's simply because I will not sit and skim the entire wiki to
> find what I'm looking for ...

And not all people interested in development will read a manual. :)
Some will, of course, but ultimately, we'll have to be sensitive to
the fact that there will be a lot of paths for people to become Koha
developers.  In any event, my strong preference is to promote a method
for developer documentation that encourages *direct* updates by the
developers.

Regards,

Galen
--