[Koha-devel] DBIx::Class vs current Koha's DBI performance

Clay Fouts cfouts at liblime.com
Thu Nov 4 20:53:28 CET 2010

Do you have a roadmap/plan for the transition to TT? This process also seems
like a good time to start separating out the monolithic
"get_template_and_user" function. It would be very handy and allow for more
elegant design if we were able to specify the template just prior to
rendering it rather than at the very beginning.

One method of breaking up the circularity that appears in many areas of Koha
is by splitting functions out in a MVC-style arrangement. If you're finding
yourself tempted to introduce a circularity in your data schema, it's often
the case that that relationship can be expressed through a View or
Controller class instead.

Having worked with Catalyst, it's a fine framework, but it's cumbersome and
not worth porting existing code to. If writing an app from the ground up it
would be a consideration.

Clay