[Koha-devel] conan's introduction

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Fri Apr 8 08:22:18 CEST 2011

On 08/04/11 03:40, Fernando Canizo wrote:
> Hi everybody, I'm Fernando Canizo, aka conan, from Argentina. Some might
> have see me semi-lurking at #koha irc channel.

Hi Fernando and welcome to the Koha community.

> I've been hired by the SID (http://sid.uncu.edu.ar/) which depends on
> UNCuyo (http://www.uncu.edu.ar/) to implement koha for the 22 libraries
> dependent on UNCuyo and to provide modifications requested by librarians
> as they come up, with the idea in mind of trying to bring them upstream
> if they worth it.
>
> I'm still shaking from the shock of meeting koha, MARC21, and other
> behemoths alike, also I'm relearning Perl, language I swore to forget
> some years ago.

Yes, that's a lot to get your head around in a short time.

> I haven't introduced myself yet because I'm currently dealing with
> implementation, and I think I'll be on that for some time still.
>
> However I'm starting to build a list of desired changes for koha so I
> might bother you with questions now and then.

You'll find information about proposed changes at:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:RFCs
and in the archives of this list:
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/

Feel free to chip in any time.