[Koha-devel] Koha Support provider

JAMES Mason mason at kohaaloha.com
Thu Jul 14 07:04:58 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-12, at 10:59 PM, MJ Ray wrote:

> JAMES Mason wrote:
>> i would personally like to see a url link to the 'koha-community.org' website on *every* Koha support-vendor's website,
>> as the *very* minimum requirement for being listed on the kc.org 'Paid Support' page
>>
>> what do other people think about this - as a minimum requirement?
>> is it a worthy topic for the next IRC meeting?, or can we sort this issue out on the mailing-list
>
> I agree, but it's been discussed in past IRC meetings and rejected:
> http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-05-05#i_434736
> http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-06-02#i_451219

thanks for the those links MJ
i checked those two IRC meetings logs, and this issue was *not* rejected

the chair (Galen) made an action-item to discuss (and vote?) on this issue via the 'mailing-list',
and we never followed that up....

so, lets have that discussion (and vote?) now :)

should we move this discussions to the *general* Koha mailing-list?

http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-06-02#i_451387
11:18	gmcharlt	for new requests to be listed, the vendor listing must link provide a link to koha-community.org; link must be eye-reable and speakable by screen reader software, but with no requirements about the form of the link otherwise
11:24	gmcharlt	thd: I agree - in this case, I would prefer that the final vote take place on the mailing list, particularly as, given the time of this
meeting, we're discussing this in the absence of wizzyrea
11:24	slef	gmcharlt: was there a second part, or do you want to move on to address infokoha now?
11:24	gmcharlt	here's the second part
11:24		and this may well have to end up on the mailing list
11:24		what do we do about current listings?
11:25		grandparent them in?  clear the vendor listing and ask everybody to resubmit requests?
11:26	thd	I suggest we make no change to the policy agreed at the previous meeting until the wide community votes on the issue
11:26	gmcharlt	ok, then for now - action item is to put this to the mailing list
11:26		moving on
11:26		I added the info@ item

cheers, Mason
--