[Koha-devel] QAing patches [was Re: Signing-off a patch for a customer]

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Jul 4 14:32:13 CEST 2012

On Jul 5, 2012 12:25 AM, "Marcel de Rooy" <M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl> wrote:

> Hi Paul, all
>
> > Seeing if it can break something requires a lot of experience with Koha
code source. When I QA code from BibLibre, I'm not biaised because it comes
from BibLibre.
> Are you sure? Just looking at your statement from outside BibLibre, I
would say that there could be conflicting interests here.. (With all due
respect !)

Neutral is always to be preferred imho.

> > Should we, then, give a grant to some specific, experienced & trustable
ppl to QA ?
> Isn't that already the case? Or do you feel that we should extend the QA
team? If we dissolve it on the other hand and grant a new QA privilege to
say 15 developers, it may just be a little too optional/non-committal.
Would that really be more productive?

I thought it was already the case too, and that's what we had nominations
and elections for. I'd hate to replace that system with a cartel like
appointed system.

Chris