[Koha-devel] Why not change IndependantBranches?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Nov 16 14:56:55 CET 2012

Paul Poulain wrote:
> It was because "dedup" parameter was ON => if you send a mail to the
> list AND cc: or to: someone who subscribed the list, he will recieve
> the mail only once (mailman will realize it's useless to send it to
> cc: and to: ppl !)

Thanks to all who've answered on the IndependantBranches change.
I'll look into Tomas's question unless anyone knows what happens?

aside: The dedup parameter should be OFF - the copy sent via the list
is always useful because Mailman adds the various List-* headers which
switches on mailing list support in list-compatible software (which is
why I can set my reply preference to list-only, for example, or I
could unsubscribe with two clicks).  Sadly, much email software still
isn't compatible with mailing lists. I describe ones I know at
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/comp/list-mua - please send me any updates
directly, and/or open bug reports with your email software producers -
the internet will thank you!

Regards,