[Koha-devel] dselect non-funcitonal on Ubuntu

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:25:05 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

>> Take a look at bug 8840. I think this script could be generalized to include
>> Debian. However, since the problem was Ubuntu, and not Debian, we didn't.
>
> It's OK but I agree it does seem to be rather Ubuntu-specific at the mo.
>
> By the way (looking at the other replies), I think it is apt-get that
> is breaking, as "sudo dselect install" and "sudo apt-get dselect-upgrade"
> are the same thing.  So if this multiarch bug isn't fixed in the OS,
> it may bite us later no matter what we do.

You may take a look at this, they talk about wheeze and thus will bite us soon.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to provide a solution for the
end-users (that's what 8840 is: a way of being able to provide sane
instructions), but I know this is a short-term issue as we are moving
forward to encouraging them to use .deb packages.

Regards
To+