[Koha-devel] dselect non-funcitonal on Ubuntu

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Tue Oct 2 02:39:57 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-2, at 1:25 PM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
>>>
>>> Take a look at bug 8840. I think this script could be generalized to include
>>> Debian. However, since the problem was Ubuntu, and not Debian, we didn't.
>>
>> It's OK but I agree it does seem to be rather Ubuntu-specific at the mo.
>>
>> By the way (looking at the other replies), I think it is apt-get that
>> is breaking, as "sudo dselect install" and "sudo apt-get dselect-upgrade"
>> are the same thing.  So if this multiarch bug isn't fixed in the OS,
>> it may bite us later no matter what we do.
>
> You may take a look at this, they talk about wheeze and thus will bite us soon.

I'm curious, the bugs report says…

"Well, your bug report shows there are still people using dselect..:-)
It's of course not a big surprise that dselect doesn't support multi arch."

so… whats the better alternative to dselect, that we should be using (that i know nothing about?)

dpkg or aptitude, i guess??

anyone know?