[Koha-devel] dselect non-funcitonal on Ubuntu

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 03:57:45 CEST 2012

El oct 1, 2012 9:40 p.m., "Mason James" <mtj at kohaaloha.com> escribió:

> >> It's OK but I agree it does seem to be rather Ubuntu-specific at the
mo.

> >> By the way (looking at the other replies), I think it is apt-get that
> >> is breaking, as "sudo dselect install" and "sudo apt-get
dselect-upgrade"
> >> are the same thing.  So if this multiarch bug isn't fixed in the OS,
> >> it may bite us later no matter what we do.
> >
> > You may take a look at this, they talk about wheeze and thus will bite
us soon.

> I'm curious, the bugs report says…
>
> "Well, your bug report shows there are still people using dselect..:-)
> It's of course not a big surprise that dselect doesn't support multi
arch."

> so… whats the better alternative to dselect, that we should be using
(that i know nothing about?)

> dpkg or aptitude, i guess??

dpkg is low level package management. apt-get is a convenient tool that
solves dependencies and much more. aptitude is a gui front-end to apt-get,
the same as dselect was/is.

aptitude wasnt multiarch ready a while ago, but didn't look at it again.

The missing dselect feature for this problem we reported is the
--set-selections plus 'do it' sequence.

Regards
To+