[Koha-devel] Koha.next: Consolidate OPAC themes?

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Mon Apr 8 18:44:40 CEST 2013

> Consequently, I think the next version of Koha should unify the
> templates of the prog and CCSR themes.

I agree. I don't have any ideas brewing for the visual redesign aspect
of it, but I would really like the OPAC template to use a more modern
CSS framework (not YUI) and have a fully-responsive layout. Bootstrap
might get us both of those things, but I think there are some
structural aspects to Bootstrap which might not be ideal for potential
customizations. I'm thinking in particular of full-column borders and
backgrounds.

I tried to start a conversation about this process a while ago:

http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2012-October/038168.html

I would still like to hear feedback about what we could do to help
better facilitate customization via CSS and JS.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries